What is RIGHT With You?


As a survivor of mental, physical, sexual, or emotional abuse, you may find yourself constantly questioning your abilities. You may look in the mirror and struggle to call yourself beautiful. You may have trouble accepting compliments from others. You may blame yourself for every argument or disagreement that you have with your spouse or significant other. If you don’t get the new job, you assume that you were a bad candidate. And, more often than not, you are repeating the same question: What’s wrong with me?

Beloved, there is nothing wrong with you. If someone hurt you, there was something wrong with him or her. If someone took something from you that didn’t belong to them, it was their problem. He or she was the one who had something wrong with them.

I am a survivor of physical, sexual, mental, and emotional abuse. I know how you feel. No matter how hard you work at your job, on your appearance, or with your family, you still find yourself asking if you are doing enough. Are you good enough? Why do people love you? Why do those same people hate you sometimes? What’s wrong with you?

One day, I had the revelation that there is more RIGHT with me than there is wrong with me. Am I perfect? No. Do I have weaknesses? Yes. Could I do better in some areas of my life? Of course. BUT, I am also a loving wife and mother, entrepreneur, loyal friend, faithful volunteer, gifted editor, talented writer, and intelligent woman. I am a survivor. I am still standing. Though my enemies caused me to stumble, I did not fall. God lifted me up for the world to see. I am His child in whom He is well pleased…and SO ARE YOU.

To say that something is wrong with you is to say that He made a mistake when He fearfully and wonderfully made you. Since I believe my Bible, I know that He is incapable of making a mistake. I am what He made me and I am perfect just the way I am. In order for me to shine, He allowed me to go through dark places. I walked through the valley of the shadow of death, but I feared no evil. I fought when I needed to fight and I rested in Him when I couldn’t fight.

Sister, what I want you to understand and take into your being is that you are PERFECT. The challenges that you faced and overcame helped you to become stronger. The obstacles in your path are lessons waiting to be learned. You don’t have to let the enemy steal your joy. Don’t walk around with your head hanging down, look up to the Father who holds you in the palm of His hand! You don’t have to stay awake at night wondering if you’re good enough. Cast your cares on Him and let Him deal with your worries while you sleep like a baby.

Your life is a journey. There will be pain. There will be challenges. But, there will also be victory. There will be joy. There will be peace.

God was right about you.

MIND: Catch yourself the next time you wonder what’s wrong with you. Immediately change your focus to what is right with you. You are in your right mind. You are in the right place for Him to bless you. This is the right time for you to step into your season. You are the right one for the destiny He has planned for you. You are right for trusting in Him.

BODY: Look in the mirror and speak the ‘rightness’ of you over yourself. Ignore what you think is wrong with you. Tell yourself all of the things that are positive about being you. Begin with, “I am fearfully and wonderfully made. There is not another person just like me in all the universe.”
Initially, you may find this exercise hard to do, but I challenge you to begin each day speaking life over yourself. Begin thinking about the rightness of your life and watch as the things that are drawn to you change. Whatsoever a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. Begin to think of yourself as wonderful, loved, peaceful, full of abundance, and watch how the world begins to respond to the change in your thoughts.

SPIRIT: Ask Him to show you the beauty and uniqueness that is you. When you meditate, smile. Practice smiling even when no one is around—your Spirit will open up to you. The practice of smiling will send messages coursing through your brain and begin forming new connections in your mind, body, and spirit. When you ask Him to show you, be open to receiving what the Spirit says to you and believe it. All is well. You are perfect.

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.—James 1:2–4


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buried Alive (The REAL Reason for L.A.M.B.S.)

DYM: The Wonder Years

Welcome to L.A.M.B.S.