The Temptations Are More Than A Singing Group


This week's inspiration is the final 'T' in the Word that He gave me to kick off our journey, and it may be the most important: Temptation. 

When you decided to live in your Truth, the devil got angry and when you decided to Transform, he got downright indignant. When you decided to put your Trust in Him, the enemy greased his face, took off his jewelry, and got ready for a fight! Now, he's going to tempt you. 

I am being tempted, and perhaps you are, too. My business has grown exponentially over the past couple of weeks, and I find myself slipping back into old behavioral patterns: working too many hours, not eating right, sleeping less, spending less quality time with family.

I've had to pause and ask myself: What am I doing? Why am I allowing the enemy to take me to a place where I already know the end game? I'm not weak, I'm in my Word, I'm consistent in my prayer life—but, the enemy knows me. He knows my weak points, and I've learned that only someone who knows you is able to tempt you.

Have you ever gone to a family member's home for a meal, and they know that you are trying to lose weight—yet, they show you that sweet potato pie or sit you right beside that red velvet cake? Yes, they love you, but they also know you. It doesn't matter that you are on the road to better health, they know what you like—they tempt you. You've already eaten a good meal, what will it really hurt if you have that piece of pie?

I am reminded of Jesus being tempted by the enemy, and how the scenario went down. He listened to what the enemy had to say, and even let him go on for a while, but when He'd had enough, He said, "Begone Satan! It is written..." This was a HUGE breakthrough for me. The WORD is powerful! Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every WORD that proceeds from the mouth of God. I thought, WOW! I can beat this thing!

The devil doesn't like what you're doing and he doesn't want to see you succeed in your purpose. Call him out with the Word, stomp him out, and keep on moving!

MIND: This week, be aware of your thought patterns. You can only be tempted when you want something. When you think of something that is not good for you, speak the Word aloud and let it go.

BODY: Go through your home and remove tempting items. Research healthy alternatives, and put them where the 'bad' things used to be. When you reach for that tempting item, it will be the healthy alternative that you grasp.

SPIRIT: Spend time in meditation. If you've never done it before, start with five minutes. Meditation is clearing your mind and focusing on your Spirit. It allows you to calm yourself and hear what your body and Spirit are saying to you. His voice will become crystal clear once you are still.

"My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing" (James 1:2–4).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to L.A.M.B.S.

DYM: The Heart Remembers What the Mind Forgets

Buried Alive (The REAL Reason for L.A.M.B.S.)