Out With the Old, In With the New


It's a new year and the world is full of possibilities. One of the things that became crystal clear to me in 2011, is that I was afraid to die. Not a physical death, but a mental death. When God began showing me His plans for me, my first reaction was fear, which is quite contrary to the faith that I believed I had. So, I began to pray for the wisdom to understand my resistance.

I realized that by going into new and unknown territory, I was leaving my comfort zone. Even though the baggage I carried around weighed me down and hurt me, I had grown accustomed to the pain. It wasn't comfortable, but it was familiar and easy. I knew that doing a new thing was going to be hard and I was going to have to drop the dead weight.

In basic terms, this iteration of my life has to die in order for me to live the new life He has for me, which is really the only life that He ever intended for me. I have to get back to what I was created to do and who I was created to be. I have to spend time with the Holy Spirit so that He can show me the plans that He has for me.

God wants to do a new thing in you, too, this year. THIS YEAR every thing will come in alignment if you seek Him, listen to Him, and do what He tells you to do. This means that you will love, honor, and OBEY Him. You may have left that last one out of your wedding vows, but that just won't float with your Father. 

When God is ready to do a new thing in you, the old things MUST pass away. You cannot take old thinking into new situations. Stepping into your destiny requires growth, it requires stretching, and it requires you being dragged through the mud a few times so that He can make you shiny and new. 

Mind: Pay attention to your thoughts this week. Do they align with the vision that He has for your life? If not, it's time to change your thought patterns. Realize what triggers these thoughts for you and begin to change your perspective.

"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." Dr. Wayne Dyer

Body: Examine your thoughts and emotions and look for the connections between them and the current state of your body, whether it is being overweight, being tired, not eating enough, or another manifestation. Continue to do this until you identify the pattern, then BREAK IT! The body follows the mind. Identify the block in the mind and you will release the block in your body. This may take more than a week (smile), but keep working on it. 

Spirit: As you move into the new thing, your Spirit will be challenged. When you wake up tomorrow, look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself: You can do this. It's okay to let go now. You will be fine. This may cause an emotional response, and that's a good thing. You've got to speak over yourself, and know that as soon as you do, angels begin moving on your behalf. When you begin to truly let go of the old, a new life appears, new plans take form, new people come into your life. It's a new day.

“No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment. Otherwise, the new piece will pull away from the old, making the tear worse. And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins” (Mark 2:21–22).

It's A New Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buried Alive (The REAL Reason for L.A.M.B.S.)

DYM: The Wonder Years

Welcome to L.A.M.B.S.