I'd rather be like Jesus

I originally posted this on Facebook but I know all of you don't follow me there. So, I decided to post here. I'm feeling some type of way today.

Every April, we acknowledge #sexualabuse and that's a good thing. People need to know that millions of people are sexually assaulted EVERY month, EVERY day, EVERY minute, around the world.

I do not choose to fight for better laws or advocate for longer prison sentences. I choose to focus on the healing journey of the people who have been violated. Passing laws and advocating longer prison sentences for the offenders / attackers does absolutely nothing to help the victims who are struggling to live a 'normal' life every day.

Raising money to fight the government is for some people, it's just not for me. I choose to do the hard work, the heavy lifting of talking to women, just like me, who have felt like their lives were taken from them. People whose innocence was snatched from them, whose joy was robbed, whose spirits were crushed. Those people whose bodies were abused in ways that they can never speak. I choose to lift up women who have fallen and help them to live in grace, hope and truth.

You can miss me with another campaign that doesn't help the woman but supposedly 'fights' to make her life better by signing a piece of paper.

I'd rather be like Jesus and hold her hand, talk to her, and let her know that God is real and she doesn't have to suffer in darkness. I bring the light that shines within me to pull women out of the shadows of shame and fear . . . to help her find her healing and self-love. A piece of paper can't do that. #LAMBS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buried Alive (The REAL Reason for L.A.M.B.S.)

DYM: The Wonder Years

Welcome to L.A.M.B.S.